Read this page in its entirety to become quickly educated in our state of the art roof washing processes...
Don't Replace Your Roof!
Soft Wash It!
Instantly Boost Curb Appeal and Extend the Life of Your Roof
If you're thinking about replacing the roof on your home or business because of the streaks you see, then think again. Odds are high your roof has not reached the end of its life expectancy. The majority of roof replacements are done too early and are VERY expensive! If your roof is in good structural condition, but has black streaks (black algae), moss, or lichen patches on it, it DOES NOT need replacement. It needs a Houston Squeegee Pro Soft Roof Cleaning!
Is It Safe For My Shingles?
At Houston Squeegee Pro we only use the methods approved by the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturer's Association and the leading shingle manufacturers.
Roofs must be cleaned with a gentle, soft wash. We use the only soft washing method approved by shingle manufacturers. Our non-damaging technique along with our unique cleaning formula assures to keep your roof clean and algae free for YEARS! Don't risk your expensive roof by using the wrong cleaning methods!
Houston Squeegee Pro also takes great care in protecting the landscaping around your home. We bag all downspouts and we cover all bushes. We either cover or thoroughly rinse all plants and trees keeping them properly protected throughout the cleaning process.
Some companies and individuals think it's ok to simply clean roofs with direct pressure washing. WE SAY NO! Direct pressure washing leads to:
- non-uniform color
- damaged shingles
- does not prevent algae, moss or lichen from growing back
- promoting growth of damaging organisms
Remember, DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE to use high pressure on your roof. Use of high pressure is extremely damaging and voids manufacturers warranties.
Should I Wait to Have My Roof Cleaned?
If you have black streaks (black algae), moss, or lichen growing on your roof. It's not just an eye sore...
YOUR ROOF IS BEING DAMAGED!
The organisms are feeding off the materials in your shingles and wearing away at the integrity of your shingles and roof. We promise to completely ELIMINATE these problems from your roof and keep your roof healthy for years to come.
How Long Do I Have To Wait
To See Results?
When Houston Squeegee Pro cleans your roof, you will start to see results the same day. Most of the black algae will be gone right away. However, the moss, lichen, and problem spots may take a few rain and sun cycles to completely wash off once and for all.
How Much Is This Going To Cost Me?
Most customers are shocked at how little we charge. Our services cost a small fraction of a roof replacement and often times make your roof look as good as new! Why spend thousands of dollars on a new roof when you can have the look and the life of your roof greatly improved for hundreds vs. thousands? That's correct, our prices start in the low to mid hundreds of dollars.
During our Seasonal Sale most single story roofs are $300 and most two story roofs are $500 to $600. Square footage and accessibility do factor into the quote such as higher roof square footage, and three and four story roof heights.
Here is an Example of A Roof
A 3,200 square foot roof with an addition on the back. Total cost to replace $8,400 -$9,600! Wow, that's expensive! This is an actual estimate the homeowner received. We can clean a roof for less than 10% of the cost of a new roof! And in this case, it was not needed after visual inspection. There was no damage and no leaks just a mildew infested roof which is now clean.
Experienced and Professional
We have washed roofs, siding, decks, concrete and more since 2009 all over the Houston surrounding area.
1. Professionally trained staff by a Nationally Accredited Association.
2. Committed to your satisfaction.
3. We provide a 3 Year Guarantee against the return of black algae streaks.
4. An amazing knowledge base for roof cleaning and soft washing.
5. We follow the highest standards in the roof cleaning industry in both safety and technique.
Our experience and knowledge are unsurpassed and unmatched. We continue our education every year by attending trade shows and networking with other companies throughout the United States.
How We Clean Your Roof? The Roof Cleaning Process Explained...
First, our Lead Tech will introduce himself to you, the customer and then clearly state what we will be doing.
- Then we properly prepare the landscaping surrounding your home. We generously water then cover your plants before cleaning the roof.
- All gutter drains are bagged to catch any runoff that may occur.
- Although it is not required, our preparation assures that your plants and lawn will be unharmed throughout the cleaning process. We take every precaution we can to protect your landscaping around the home.
- The tech will then place our ladders up on the gutter line of the roof using a ladder standoff. This helps protect the gutters from being damaged.
- Some roofs may have debris such as pine needles, sticks, and loose leaves. Before we begin to apply our soap, we safely sweep and/or blow off the roof when necessary.
- After we are sure that your landscaping is protected, we start the Houston Squeegee Pro roof cleaning process by gently soaking your roof in our unique cleaning formula from our custom-made spray applicator. What sets Houston Squeegee Pro' formula apart from other roof cleaners products is our formula contains foaming sticking agents that vastly decreases run-off from the spraying process. This helps keep the product off of your lawn, plants, patios, and decks.
- We spend the next few hours applying multiple coats of cleaning product to your roof to make 100% certain that we have covered every spot that needs cleaning. Results start to appear right away. You will see the black algae stains starting to disappear immediately and all of the moss and lichen will be turning white in color as it dies. At this point we recommend waiting for the rain and sun to cycle several times for the cleaning to be complete.
- You will find that the dead moss and lichen dries in the sun and then washes away in the rain, leaving your roof COMPLETELY CLEAN!
Reasons Why You Should Have Your
Roofs are meant to reflect the sun and keep the attic cool through the use of ridge vents and fans. Black Roofs cost money by absorbing the heat from the sun. This black mold can and will get into your attic and cause a mold problem inside your home, causing other health related problems. Roof cleaning provides:
- Avoids Premature Shingle Failure
- Allows for Proper Home Maintenance
- Energy Savings
- Helps the Environment
- Increases Home Value
You will also save money on electric bills because the roof can do its job and reflect heat instead of absorbing heat. Retain the life span of the roof with a professional clean.